Observation of whales, dolphins, and birds with marine investigators in El Hierro, called the island at the end of the world.
The company El Bajón offers scientific tourism in El Hierro, a combination of sustainable activities of whales’ observation with the data collection for their investigation, in collaboration with the University of La Laguna. The experienced crew has the support of marine biologists on the boat, which guarantees the fulfillment of the conduct codes for a responsible observation, ensuring the conservation of the cetaceans and their habitat.
- Panoramic cruise on el Mar de las Calmas enjoy the marine fauna and the volcanic landscape.
- Introduction and comments in Spanish, English, or French during the excursion with a marine investigator and guide of cetaceans’ observation.
- Blue Flag license, insurance, and life jackets.
- At least 6 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Their reserve depends on its availability; El Bajón reserves the right to propose an alternative date/time for the activity.
- You have the right to a full refund if you cannot participate in the alternative date/time.
- You must be there at least 15 minutes before the excursion starts.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The minimum age is 4 years old.
- Due to the characteristics of these animals, sightings are not guaranteed.
- We recommend sunscreen, water, sunglasses.
Price: 40€ per person
Fill out our form about your interests in the cetaceans’ observation.