If you always wanted to take diving classes, experiment with an adventure with no comparison, and see the world under the waves, here is where everything starts. Obtain your scuba diving certification with the Open Water Diver course- the most popular diving course and most well-known in the whole world. Millions of people have learned how to dive and discover the wonders of the aquatic world with this course.
Who can do it?
For inscribing yourself in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or a Junior Open Water Diver), you must be 10 or more than 10 years old. You need adequate swimming techniques and to be in a good state of physical health. No previous experience in diving is required.
According to PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors), the Open Water certification allows you to go down at least 18 meters and always with a partner that is certified as a diver or with a guide.
The PADI Open Water Diver course has three main phases:
- 1. Development of Knowledge (online independent study) for understanding the basic fundaments of autonomous diving.
- 2. 6 sessions in port for learning the basic skills of scuba diving.
- 3. 1 immersion in el Mar de Las Calmas ¡for practicing your skills and exploring! The course has three parts: theory, practices in confined open waters, and open waters. The theory consists of 5 topics that you can make online, along with a final multiple-choice test that will be made when you arrive at the center.
So everything could be distributed in 3 or 4 days. One afternoon or one morning for the final review of knowledge and final exam, two mornings of practices in the port and another morning more for making the practices from the boat, everything depending on the developing, availability ad evolution of the course.
The advantage of online learning is that you can start today, making it at your rhythm at home and by that when you will arrive at the diving center we will focus on the practical part, having more time for doing other things or getting to know our wonderful island.
In the PADI Open Water course, you will learn how to use the basic equipment of scuba diving, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, and a bottle. The team that you’ll have will vary, depending on if you go to dive in tropical, template, or cold waters.
This course includes:
- The study material for the course.
- Renting of equipment during the course.
- Medical insurance of diving during the course.
- Logbook (Immersions’ diary).
** For the fulfillment of any diving course is necessary to make a medical acknowledgment in which its certificates that you are adequate for making recreative diving with a bottle. This certificate can be emitted before making the trip to your place of residence, or when you arrive at the island we can make an appointment in a clinic from here. If you wish to have this second option, you can let us know for making the procedure.
***In case you want lodging, consult us or go directly to the tariffs zone in where you can see our courses’ offers + lodging.